Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, January 20, 2014

"Your Loving Buss"

22 October 1958
"I think that I'll get the children a few toys to play with. Sandy a doll and Timmy somesort of a truck. Then I have to get that lady that lives at 769 Del Mar something nice for taking care of my things back there while I am out here...I bought a couple of big flower pots down town the other nite. They call them "hibachi" pots out here...You know this being away from your family makes me appreciate them more and more. I know that I have not been one of the best husbands and fathers, but I try my best for you and the children. I know that I am a better father than some of these people out here on this ship. You can keep this to yourself, but I don't see how they can come home to their family...Dear, is there anything, just anything that you want from out here...Just name it and I'll get it for you...Well Darling, I must sign off for this time so take it easy and don't work too hard. I'll be home just as soon as I can get there. Please be patient with me. Say "Hello" to the children for me. Your Loving Buss"

Notice the two "hibachi" pots to either side of the walkway.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment