Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Japan again


10 August 1958
"We arrived here yesterday and took off the flag personnel from the Hector so that they could be on their merry way to the States. They had a big sign on the side of the ship which read as follows: WHERE IN THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? You see we were supposed to relieve them about two weeks ago...Gosh I sure do wish that my orders would come in pretty soon as I am getting tired of going out here. If and when they do come in I am not going to ride an airplane back...I don't want to take any chances of dropping in the ocean. I am going to try my darndest to ride a ship back...Well dear, is there anything you want from out here. I would like to buy you anything that you want as you deserve it...I only wish that I could be there with you. But I guess I am not the only person in this boat."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment