Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, January 24, 2014

"exemplary moral habits"

16 November 1958
"I know you must be suffering with the children on your nerves all the time. I want off here more than you can imagine...Today is Sunday and I just finished writing some papers up here in the office.  It seems as though that I can't get anything done during the day as too many people are coming in here all the time and asking me questions. But I don't mind as I want to help people out all I possibly can...Tell me dear, do you want me to get anything for yourself out here. I don't want to do anything that you don't want me to do. I know that you have your heart set on a different car. We will get one just as soon as I can scrape up enough money to pay for one...I would tell you what I dreamed about last nite, but I'm afraid that your mother may read this letter and she would be shocked to hear such things. I'll tell you sometime. Your Loving Husband 'Grandpa' Buss"

This was written on the same date as Buss' letter.


No comments:

Post a Comment