Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, January 26, 2014

"...the latest dope..."

22 November 1958
"I will attempt to give you all the latest dope that I have...How did you enjoy your visit with your mother? What did she think of our children now. I guess they have grown up a bit since she last seen them. Did she like our little house. It's not a mansion but it's ours...I have not been off of the ship for almost three weeks but I may go over this coming week. In fact I only have one dollar and ten cents to spend so I can't buy much with it. I am going to stay on here as long as I possibly can before I go completely nuts. I was reading  in a paper today that a man that thinks about his work as much as I do and is over forty is apt to have a heart attack more so than anyone else...Well Darling I love you very much and I really mean it so Brace up till I get back there. This is the last time I'll be away from home."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment