Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Love and Kisses Buss"

20 September 1958
"Received your letter the other day where you had underlined something about an operation on me. Well don't worry Dear, I won't do anything like that if you don't want me to. After all you come first on something like that...Well Mr. Duncan has left the ship and a new man by the name of Barron has taken over...I had tears in my eyes when I bid Duncan goodbye. I guess I am just a sentimental old man. I just can't help it. I hate to see anyone leave the ship and not see them again...I hear by the grapevine that there is a Chief Storekeeper coming to the Ajax from the Naval Training Center there in San Diego. I certainly hope that he is my relief...Maybe I still have a chance. I know how you must feel about it, but honestly dear, I can't do anything about it...How are the children coming along. I sure do miss them. I guess you have them out in the yard most of the time...Love and Kisses Buss."



Sandra with her trike.

Timmy with his bicycle.





No comments:

Post a Comment