Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, December 5, 2013

11 April 1957
"Boy I was very close to winning about $200.00 last nite over at the Bingo table...I was just one number off. Boy I could have cussed, that is if I was a cussing man...I just spent $1.15 all nite...Say what do you think of getting a movie camera?...Then we can have films made of the children growing up. Naturally it will cost a lot of money but then we are only young once. I guess maybe I am getting too easy with my money...I guess Timmy is getting larger every day isn't he? I wish I could see him again...Just think, a boy and a girl what more could one ask for...I bet they will play together nice when they grow up. Wonder who she will marry. Naturally her old man will have to ask me for her hand, won't he. You may laugh, but that time isn't too far away...PS: Timmy, eat your supper before watching the television. Daddy will be home very soon. Then we can play outside together again, won't that be nice. Say good nite to Mother."
Sandra, circa 1960.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment