Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, December 2, 2013

"...nothing but Coke,"

31 March 1957
"Well the Ship's partys are all over with. They had them last nite and the night before. I went to both of them. I drank nothing but Coke, so don't be worrying about what I am doing over here. I had several persons come and tell me that I really had some will power to just drink coke and not touch the other beverages which they had there...They carried a lot of the sailors out. I mean they were so drunk that they could not walk anymore. Boy that is what drink does to a person. And some of the kids are not old enough to be weaned from their mother's breast yet. But they try and act big and that is what happens to them when they try and do what others are doing...I told Mom about the pictures that you sent me. Boy they are tops with me. I look at them every time that I go to my locker."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment