Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, December 16, 2013

24 May 1957
"First of all I don't care that you went back to Baldwin. Naturally at first I was shocked to hear about it but I can see your point very good now and I want to apologize for any rash statements that I made to you before. Now that I have that off my chest, I want to thank you very much for the $10.00 which you sent me in the mail. I received it today and I am really proud of you to send it to me. Payday is a week from today so I have plenty of money to buy something with now if I see something over there...Does Timmy have plenty of things to play with back there. If not get him something. I am going to get him a tricycle when I get back. I know that he will like that...Won't that be a grand feeling when we leave Yokosuka, Japan for the States. The Executive Officer put a little note in the Plan of the Day a couple of days ago which went something like this. "Only four more paydays till we head for home, save your money for that leave you are going to get when we get back.""
Timmy and Sandra with the tricycle Buss bought for him.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment