Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hi Ya Si and Stew:

10 July 1957
"Got some more dope on the Ship's stay in San Diego when we get back...Naturally she will head out here about next July again. But who knows, maybe I'll have shore duty by that time...Let's hope that I am off of here by the time the ship returns to Japan again...Hi Ya Si and Stew: Just a few lines to let you know that I have not forgotten you two...I hope Ruth and the children have not been too much bother with you folks. I was glad to see her go home for a while. As that is the last chance that she will have for a long time..."

Note: Buss will not have shore duty when the USS Ajax leaves for Japan in July of 1958. He will be aboard for that 6 month tour of duty. Si and Stew are Ruth's sister and brother-in-law, Siona and Stewart Mortensen. 

Siona Mortensen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment