Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

22 April 1957
"I was over in town tonite to see if my pictures of Sandra and Timmy are ready...I walked around a bit and shot the breeze with some of the shop keepers. I seen a cute little Japanese house over there all made out of 100 year old Bamboo...It even had a little "Binjo" house which is like out back houses which we used to have on the farm...Say that daughter of ours must be really growing. Now you tell me that she is going on whole milk real soon...What time do you get to bed at nite. I don't want you to go to bed about midnite every nite. I don't care if I never get a letter from you, just so you get plenty of sleep at nite...I only hope that I write often enough for you. I know that you must be terrible lonesome there...We leave day after tomorrow for Hong Kong...I don't know how the mail situation is down there. But I'll do the best that I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment