Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

769 Del Mar Avenue

7 April 1957
"Just think, tomorrow Sandra will be 4 months old and I sure do wish that I could see her. I think her picture is very good. I like to go to my locker and look at it ever so often...I guess Spring is finally coming to this far off land. You should see the cherry blossoms out here...I can look out the door here in the Supply Office and see the trees over on the beach...Denson got a San Diego Paper from his wife the other day and he broke it out today (Sunday) and we all had a treat to read about the hometown people. I even looked in the classified ads for different houses. I guess I just have houses on the brain. Well I can't help it, I want a house as soon as I possibly can get one when I get back there....PS: Timmy, kiss your mother "good nite" before you go to sleep tonite. Daddy will be home pretty soon."
Buss and Ruth's home they purchase in August 1957

The back yard view of 769 Del Mar Avenue

 

No comments:

Post a Comment