Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, December 13, 2013

"HOW MUCH DID IT COST?"

12 May 1957
"Hello: So your back to Baldwin again. Well I guess you know what your doing so I don't care what you do. HOW MUCH DID IT COST? Did you fly or take a train?...this coming payday I'll have $10.00 to spend for myself, so I think I'll go over and spend some of it...I have been working my hands to the bone on this thing because we are having an inspection of all records and I have to have my storeroom up to date with everything. But I guess I'll live through it...I expect to go to the hospital this coming week for an operation but I don't know exactly when I'll go. I have been putting it off for some time, but I just can't stand it no longer so I will go this coming week. That is if everything is OK elsewhere...Some of my khaki shirts are wearing out. I bought them two years ago but I wear them constantly all the time so I guess they are bound to wear out sooner or later. I still have some of those 50 cent ones that I bought up in Great Lakes...So long, Clark A. Gerdes"
Buss Gerdes circa 1945

 

No comments:

Post a Comment