Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

"roust-ta-bout"

30 May 1957
"Well I went over to the CPO club last nite to play "Bingo", but I never even came close to the $300.00 jackpot. But a couple of chiefs off this ship split the 300 bucks between them. I seen one of them come back this morning and he was about half shot yet. I still say that I am lucky not to drink, I should say "WE". I did have about 4 cokes last nite. Then I played a couple of games of pool. So you can see that I am regular roust-ta-bout on the beach. I had my picture taken the other day. I am getting three 8" x 10 1/2" pictures for $2.50. I think that is pretty cheap don't you?..To have them colored it would cost me $.80 more per print. So I think that I will just have the plain ones...I am certainly glad to have a boy and a girl. I know that I don't want any more than that, do you?...Say I want to get you something from over here. So give me a few hints. Such as, handbags, jewelry, jewelry boxes, fancy robes, or anything that might come into your mind."
Clark A. "Buss" Gerdes, May 1957, Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment