Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, December 22, 2013

"The Brass Legend"

18 June 1957
"I can't hardly see where you have enough money to fly both ways with two children and still have money left. But I guess you know what you are doing...I am really squeezing the pennies out here to have as much money as possible to buy the house with. I think that I will have at least $16000.00 to buy the house with, naturally that is figuring on $1500.00 for the trailer...This week the whole ship was giving early liberty to the crew, but I told the Supply Officer not to let the Storekeepers have it as we had too much work to do. Naturally there are a few mad storekeepers around here...Don't be afraid to buy Timmy some short pants for the summer and have new shoes every so often. We are not that poor. Have you gotten your hair fixed up already. Take care of yourself, as so many people see you around...Oh yes, I seen another movie tonite. Hugh O'Brian played in it. Boy was he fast with a gun. Yes, he got his man in the end."


No comments:

Post a Comment