Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, December 20, 2013

[Gift from "Red" Denson]

14 June 1957
"Denson has left the ship for San Diego to pick up his family and go back to Pearl Harbor. So that means that I have all the load on my hands now...I'll guess I'll make out OK...I know by this time next year we will be living in a house. I even hope to have one by Xmas time. But if I buy it this year yet, then I'll have to pay taxes on it. I would rather wait till after the first of the year and then the person that has it before us would have to pay the taxes on it for the year. Of course we won't squabble over a few dollars if we can get a "so called "good deal"...Speaking of money, and who don't like to, I have now on the books about $1050.00 since I left the states. So you can see that I am doing my utmost best to have enough money to pay cash for the house when I get back..."

This was made by "Red" Denson and given to Buss' daughter, Deborah. 1/25/14


No comments:

Post a Comment