Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, October 27, 2013

14 August 1953
"Well you won't believe me. But I actually did some work today. We don't start the real school till next Friday...I am really going to study for this one...Have they done anything about the trailer as yet. Don't get so shook up over it. Everything always turns out for the best. Can you read my writing? I don't think that I ever did write you very much in long hand. They are very strict on inspections here. We have a personnel inspection every day. So I have to wash a suit of whites nearly every nite. We have an iron to press them with. I just finished holding "Field Day" in my room. Yes, I have a room all to myself. I swabbed the deck a while ago...Well take life easy and write when you can."

Note: This seems to be the first time that Ruth's lifelong problem with anxiety and worrisome nature has come up in one of Buss's letters.

Buss and Ruth's trailer in Blue Island, Illinois where Ruth is living now.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment