Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Valencia, Spain

13 January 1953
"I asked Styles and his wife to ride with us some week end when we go to New York. He does not have a car and he and his wife like to go out with people that don't drink...What do you think about it?...You know this is where the famed Valencia oranges come from in the first place. There are ships of several different nations tied up in here which are loading up on oranges and orange trees. They sure do have the pretty girls over here. But not like they have back in 3300 Shore Drive. That is exactly what I tell these fellows that are always talking about the girls being pretty...Just think darling, twelve more days and we will starting back to the States again...You know what I am going to do when I get home some nite? I am going to take you to a show down town in Norfolk...I'll set way back in the upper balcony and put my arms around you just like a couple of teenagers. I sure have young ideas for being such an old "grouch", haven't I?"
Just a couple of teenagers...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment