Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, October 11, 2013

Valencia, Spain

12 January 1953
"You see I went ashore yesterday..with a couple of fellows that don't drink so you can readily see that I was in good company. Yesterday being Sunday, most of the shops were closed so we could not buy anything. But we did a lot of window shopping. We walked part way into town and then one of the fellows said why don't we try hitchhiking in so that is what we did. We took a taxi back to the ship about 6:30. You should have seen the crowd that came on down to look the ship over yesterday afternoon. I'll bet there were 10,000 people out on the pier...I am not stretching that one bit...You were telling me that you want a cuckoo clock. Well I have one now."
Cuckoo Clock like the one Buss bought and had in their home for years.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment