Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, October 28, 2013

"Guess Who?"

15 August 1953
"I tried to sleep but the flies are giving me a bad time...Did I tell you that I have a little room all to myself. Gee, I feel like a "big shot"...Lee and Joyce are going to have another young one before long. That will make three for them...Lee might get a new Buick. I guess we have to keep what we have for a long time to come. She still runs good...Remember me in your prayers so I can pass the test they give me at the end of the course. I am going to do a lot of studying...Take care of yourself and don't get upset over anything. Buss"
Buss and his buddy, Lee. circa 1946




Note: Twenty-six years later, August 15, 1976, Buss and Ruth's daughter wrote to Ruth and encouraged Ruth "don't worry" just as her father did in 1953. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment