Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Valencia, Spain

9 January 1953
"I made up all new liberty cards for the persons in S-2 Division last nite so now they can ruin them if they want to...some of the fellows just stick their cards in any thing when they are on the beach having a good time. I was always careful with mine for fear that I might lose it. When I get the time I want to have them put in plastic, that way they will last longer than usual...We are due to arrive there in Norfolk about the 5th or 6th of February. I hope to see you there on the dock, that is if we tie up to the dock when we come in. Now if we don't tie up to the dock we will probably anchor out in the bay and that means that we will have to catch a boat to the fleet landing...I will try and get the first boat ashore...I can't hardly wait to see you there and give you a great big kiss. This time I am going to hold it a little longer that I usually do. So you prepare for it."
Buss on Liberty in Honolulu-World War II

Buss on Liberty in Honolulu-World War II




No comments:

Post a Comment