Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, November 10, 2013

25 January 1957
"Gosh, I certainly hope that I can save about 1500.00 this trip over here. If I can, that will mean that I can just about get a house for cash when I get back. Won't that be good...I think I'll have about $15,000.00 when I get back counting that I can get 1500.00 for the trailer. Not bad, is it...I just finished wrapping up the picture of Timmy to send off to Mom. I kept it as long as I could so I could look at it ever so often...Have you taken any pictures of Sandra as yet. She is pretty small to set up on the sofa for a picture yet. I hope that she isn't crying like she used to. I really felt bad when I left you all alone there. ARE YOU GETTING THE RIGHT THINGS TO EAT NOW?????? Remember eat plenty for the milk."
Timmy circa 1955

Timmy circa 1955

The Trailer




 

No comments:

Post a Comment