Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, November 9, 2013

"...half way across the Pacific Ocean..."

20 January 1957
"Well Gabris, the Chief that works with me got a telegram the other nite and his wife gave him a boy, 7 obs. 1 oz. So he is all happy about the whole thing...He tells me that they want about two more. Well they can have them. I am through...I did not go ashore in Pearl Harbor except to take some requisition over...So you can be relieved that I did not go over and get into mischief as some of the other ones would do. You certainly have a good "Old Man" don't you?...I guess you are kept very busy with the children. I don't expect many letters from you as you have plenty to do without writing me letters. Just so you take good care of the children, which I know that you will."


Buss in Pearl Harbor circa 1943

Buss in Pearl Harbor circa 1943


No comments:

Post a Comment