Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, November 23, 2013

12 March 1957
"I just came up from the Chief's quarters where I seen "The Revolt of Mamie Stover". It was about a girl in Honolulu during the war that worked in a whore house. I guess you know who played in it don't you? It was Jane Russel. Oh boy...Well how is my little daughter coming along. I sure wish that I could see her and see how big she is getting. I'll bet she is getting prettier every day...Now that boy of mine, how is he coming along...I thought that I would receive a letter from Timmy and Sandra's Mother today, but I guess she was busy changing the diapers on the children. Don't feel bad about not writing as I know how busy you are with the two youngsters there in the trailer...I'll knock off for this time so until the next time I'll be thinking of you when I go to sleep at nite. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the nite and think of you and the children. Well I really hope that we won't have to be apart again for such a long time. I know it is a hard road to hoe but we just have to grin and bear it."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment