Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, November 10, 2013

"Duel in the Jungle"

23 January 1957
"We had a good movie on here tonite. It was filmed in Africa in technicolor. I believe the name of it was "Duel in the Jungle". We always have the movie in the Chief's quarters right after eating supper, about 5:30 pm...Some fellow bought a new Parker pen...and he brought it back as it was broken. So I took it and sent it off to the PRESIDENT of the Parker Pen Co...along with a letter about it. I'll bet you two kisses that I get a new one for it. All it cost me was 12 cents Airmail stamps to send it off. My name is Gerdestein...Boy the ship is putting out some propaganda about all the prostitutes in Japan, and the venereal disease...But some of the fellows will fall prey to a lot of them girls in Japan. But don't worry about me as I have a good wife and two lovely children to look in the eye when I come back..."


No comments:

Post a Comment