Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, November 17, 2013

"With love Buss (Daddy)"

18 February 1957
"How is my little daughter getting along. Is she sleeping like a good girl should? I'll bet that you are really having your hands full with the two of them there...I sure wish I was there and we had our house. Wouldn't that be cozy...I wrote to some Savings and Loan Co in Los Angeles about their paying 4 1/2% interest on money. I have about $4,000. here on the ship that I could give them. I believe that I would make more money if I did it that way...Well Darling, I guess I have said enough for this time...I am keeping true to you while I am out here. and that is more than nine tenths of the other fellows can say out here. Some of them go over nearly every nite and make fools of themselves. But yours truely don't do that. Take care of the children...Feed them good and they will grow like weeds. Send me a picture of them if you ever get a chance."


No comments:

Post a Comment