Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, September 29, 2013

18 December 1952
"Williamson made up a chart to-day with the number of the days that we have to be away from the States. We have the 5th of February all circled with a red pencil...He is not staying his twenty years so I guess when he gets out he is getting hooked up with some babe...I don't think that I would ever go back to the old way of living without a wife to look after you. It really must be nice to come home to a good looking wife like you when I get out of this outfit...I sure get a lot of compliments on your picture that I have setting up here in the office...Even our Disbursing Officer said "How can an old man like you get such a good looking wife?". Well you know what I say, "It ain't easy"
Buss and Ruth in their trailer...1950s.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment