Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, September 28, 2013

On the way to Marseille, France

15 December 1952
"Just think only 51 days more and we will be together again for a short time. That doesn't seem so terrible long does it? Well anyway it is too long for me, I know that...Boy are we ever hitting some rough water. Last nite I don't think I slept over one hour at the most. I was rolling and tossing all nite long...Have you been eating enough lately? I don't want you to skimp yourself when I am away....you seemed to always cook better and more when I get home. I think that when I get home I will just eat you. So when you come to the dock to see the ship come in, I want you to put some salt and pepper on yourself and that way you will taste better."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment