Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, September 20, 2013

At Sea on the way to Naples, Italy

26 November 1952
"All the fellows are ribbing me about me being so tight with my money but I sure don't care. As I think I will have something when they won't. Another thing, I just can't see going and spending all my money like some the fellows do when they go ashore. One chief owes me $5.00 this payday....I will have about $15.00 to buy your Xmas present with and send it on to you....We have run out of the plain envelopes that I used to use when I wrote you so I had to go to the store and buy some of the ones that I am now using. They cost 10 cents for 12 of them. I sure do hate to buy anything in that store as I just hate to see that money creep from my hands. Yes, I guess you married a tite wad."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment