Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, September 23, 2013

Thanksgiving at Sea 1952

28 November 1952

"Now that my Thanksgiving dinner is settled in my stomach I guess I will write you a letter...I was going to send you the menu that we had but I forgot to get one when I ate yesterday....What have you been doing with yourself lately? Have you seen any good movies there in Norfolk?...Do you remember the time that we went to Hempstead and went roller skating in that big rink there?...When I get back there, I think that we had better go out more often than we used to. I think it is better for the both of us. If we go out more, we don't get the chance to crawl down eithers throat."

Thanksgiving Menu 1952 -- USS John R. Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment