Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, September 20, 2013

24 November 1952
"This is the last sheet of that paper that someone gave me, so from now on I won't be using it to write to you. I don't think that I would use it to write to my mother....Did I ever tell you about the cookies that you sent me. Well I received them in good time and the top layer was all crumbs, but the bottom was just like you had packed them. There wasn't a one of them broken. I gave some of them to the boys and they really liked them....Sometime when we are back in the States again I will show you where I have your picture and where I do all my writing. It is a place where visitors are not allowed to go but I think that I can get you in here OK."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment