Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

At Sea on the way to Salonika, Greece

19 November 1952
"I am sure glad that I did not go [ashore] as these fellows came back all drunked up. I think that it was meant for me to stay aboard that day....there was no camel fight anyway as the camels have to be in heat before they will fight...I sent out [my peacoat] to have cleaned while I was in Palermo, Sicily. Well after I got it back, I looked it over and found out that they had fixed all the lining in it. You remember the way the lining was all torn and frayed. Well now I have a good peacoat again...all just for the price of the cleaning."
Buss and his buddy, Lee Herrington wearing their peacoats (?) World War II


 

No comments:

Post a Comment