Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, September 30, 2013

Marseille, France

21 December 1952
"Boy all the fellows are really getting the mail today and am I ever helping them eat everything that they offer me. At the present time I have a box of some sort of cookies that one of the fellows had gotten from his mother...Then there is always someone that is getting a package from home and stopping by the office with it...you can see that we are really getting some sugar reports...One of the fellows that works here in the office with me got a small Xmas tree from his wife in the mail so we have it setting up on a shelf with all the decorations on it and a ribbon on the very top. So you can see we are really having a true Xmas this year...I have been looking at some of these Ranch Type houses that I got today...I guess we had better be satisfied with some smaller home at first."
Buss and Ruth's future home (circa 1968)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment