Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Salonika, Greece

22 November 1952
"As you have already noticed, I am using the same type of stationery that you were talking about in one of your letters...Don't worry I don't care how much you have, just so I have you in person. After all that is not all I look for in a wife....I am honestly and truthfully in deep love with you...I don't mind the RED kiss that you give me [on the envelope] as I just put my lips against it and that way I get a real kiss from you. That is more than most of the fellows can say about their letters...Do you still save all the letters that I write to you? I hope that neither of our children ever get a hold of them. Boy would our faces get red. But I think that you will have them all locked up when we do have a family, won't you?"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment