Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, January 31, 2014

My pride and joy

12 December 1958
"Gosh the children are growing like weeds aren't they. I won't know them when I get home. I just can't wait till I get home to see my family. I think that I have missed you more than ever this time. Well one thing for sure, I won't be gone again from you...Say about Sandra's foot. Is it really bad or is it just a bit crooked? I am deeply worried about it. I have been talking with some of the other Chiefs aboard ship and they tell me that most children have a tendency to walk a bit that way. I am certainly sure that we will be able to have it corrected while she is still young. After all she is my pride and joy, not that Timmy isn't."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment