Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, January 11, 2014

"from the gorgeous one"

25 August 1958
"You will feel better now that you will receive another letter from the gorgeous one...I'll bet you are not eating like you should, I know you have been telling me that you have and I should believe you but somehow, I have my doubts. But please eat enough...Some of these years I am going to get out of this Navy and then you and the children and myself will take a nice trip back to the East Coast...Some of the Chiefs had an operation today. I think you know what kind I mean. I don't think that I will have it done. What is your opinion on that? I am sorta leary of that sort of an operation. I guess we can still go on like we have been and hope for the best...How is the lawn grown. Are there many weeds in my flower gardens. Put plenty of water on the grass and flowers. How about my trees in the back. Take care of them as best as you can. I don't mean to boss you, I just think about that stuff that's all...P.S. Say "Hello" to the children for me. I sure do miss them."

Ruth and the kids during their next, and last, trip to New York--1968

Buss, on vacation- 1968

 

No comments:

Post a Comment