Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Sunday, January 5, 2014

"Hello from _____"

27 July 1958
"Well hello from ______. I can't tell you where I am at the present time but I am not in Japan where we are supposed to be at this time. We were on our way to Sasebo after we left Pearl Harbor then we received orders to go to this place. It's just a small island in the South Pacific...I hope you are getting enough to eat and the children too. I miss the whole family...My mustache is coming along real nice. Maybe you won't know me when I come home...I just wanted to see if I could write a letter in my own handwriting. Next time I'll type it...Well "George" I'll be seeing you when I get my orders...Your Loony Husband Buss"

Chief Petty Officer Clark A. Gerdes circa 1958




 

No comments:

Post a Comment