Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Babysitting thoughts

12 October 1958
"I really enjoyed that letter more than any that I can recall receiving. I have it under my pillow and I will read it again tonite when I go to bed...Well how is little Sandy? I bet she is getting cute as a doll. I just can't wait till I get a hold of her and squeeze her in my arms...I want you to go to the movies when I get back there as much as you want to and I'll take care of the children. You don't mind if I baby set for you, do you. I don't blame you for not wanting other people setting with your children as I feel the same way about it as you do. I don't think I could enjoy myself if someone else was setting there with my children...Take good care of the children and I miss you very much. It won't be long and I'll be home every nite from now on and no more of this West Pacific for me."

Sandy and Timmy 1959


Little Sandy 1959


 

No comments:

Post a Comment