Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, January 23, 2014

"How about a Station Wagon?"

9 November 1958
"I am glad to hear that your mother is coming out to see you and the children. That will be nice for you. You can get yourself all fixed up while she is there. I only wish that I was there to have the place "ship-shape" for her...I got off a package the other day for Xmas to you folks. I had to get my children's mother something so I got her something that is in the same package...I'll stay aboard so that I won't spend any more money foolishly over here. Like you say, we will save our money for the car. Have you made up your mind on what type of car you want to get. How about a Station Wagon?...I have a notion to call you up on the phone today. I think the cost is around $12.00 for three minutes. I guess it would be nice to hear your voice again after such a long time...
Envelope which Ruth addressed to her mother.

Carved ivory necklace and earring set Buss bought for Ruth.
Ruth's mother, Lillian Wark.




No comments:

Post a Comment