Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

31 October 1958
"If I don't come back till February the 11th, I sure do wish that you and the children could make it to the pier and watch us come in the for the last time...I won't be able to send $250.00 home this month as I had to take some of it for the presents that I am going to get...I will probably send about 200.00 back to the bank. Anyway that is more than a lot of the Chiefs are doing...You can tell Clay that I really appreciate things that he is doing for you there. I think that I'll bring them a couple of little trinkets back with me...I don't have to spend so much, just so it's something...I keep getting letters from Mom and she tells me that you are very lucky to have a nice home like that."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment