Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

14 September 1958
"I am sorta figuring on getting a car some time within the next year. If I keep on saving like I have been, I'll have $3000.00 by next July...Well how are the children making out. I sure do miss them (you too dear). Even if the boy gives me a little trouble every once in a while. I guess boys will be boys...That was very nice of Clait to take Timmy down to Mexico to get a hair cut. That is OK for you to let Grandpa use the clippers, as you can't do too much for him as his time on this earth is not much longer. And whatever you do for him now will be greatly appreciated...I know that you want to know where I'll be more than I do. I hate to rent the house out, in fact, I don't think that you want to move again. And I don't blame you one bit. I sure hope and pray that I get orders for some place around San Diego where I can be home with my family."
Ruth and the kids-circa 1959.


The new Pontiac bought in 1959.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment