Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, January 11, 2014

"...I have two daughters."

4 September 1958
"Thanks a million for the pictures that you took the trouble of sending to me. I have enjoyed them to no end already. I keep telling people that I have two daughters. Then I show them the picture of you and Sandra in the back yard. That is the nicest picture of all...I really enjoyed your letter of today. I sure do wish that I could be back there to help you with Timmy. But I know and I have faith in your teaching him the right things. I sure do miss my family. I only wish that I could be there to enjoy them while they are still young...About that other deal you made. You be sure and have plenty of money to live on there. I certainly don't want to have you go begging...Please look out for yourself and don't cut yourself short of any money. Remember you have those two children to feed and take care of...Now you have me worried."

Ruth and Sandra in the back yard-1958

 

No comments:

Post a Comment