Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, January 27, 2014

29 November 1958
"I went over to the CPO Club the other nite as Comfort, the Chief Storekeeper with the Reg Jaguar reenlisted with the Regular Navy and he was throwing a party. He had several of the Chiefs over there and we had steak and all the trimmings that when with it. I was drinking Coke but I think that someone was spiking it with some stronger stuff. He had me sitting at the head of the table with him so I guess he thinks very highly of me...I just wish that we could go out more often than we used to. Maybe when I get back there, we can find a dependable person to baby sit for us and then we can go out and see the town. You can wear your Sunday Best. I guess I'll have to get myself a new suit some day. I would like to take you to some ritsey place and really have a big meal and then set through it and watch every one look at us...I must go now so take care of yourself and Darling, I love you for what you are and I mean it."
Buss in his new suit with Timmy and Sandra-1959




 

No comments:

Post a Comment