Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Friday, August 2, 2013

26 June 1952

"I sent off for the reservations in the Hotel for the nite of the 19th of July. I really laid it on heavy, maybe they will lay out the gold carpet for us when we get in....Anyway, I will do the best that I can for you....At least I will be home with you every nite. That will be worth something don't you think."

Note: I recently received an email from a ship mate of Buss' during their time on the USS Quincy (1952). I want to thank Huffie Huffman for taking the time to write. This is what he wrote:
"your dad and I where great buddys on the quincy< his bunk was three away I was 17 at the time, so I called him gram mother gerdes Ill also say he was good sailor ithough the world of him"


No comments:

Post a Comment