Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"I miss you terribly"

26 October 1958
"First of all before I forget it. Thanks a million for the letter the other day. It was nice and long and I enjoyed every bit of it...I wish that you would not open it till Xmas morning. Are you going to get a tree this year? Get one if you possibly can. Maybe Clait will get you a little one just so the children see it. I know it won't seem like Xmas to you. But do it for the children. They will remember it, I am sure...I guess you have not received the money from you know who as yet, have you. In your last letter you said that you never heard from her again since 4 September. Well don't worry about it, I'll take care of it when I get back there...I miss you terribly."

Timmy on the backyard swingset-1959

Ruth dressed up for church-1959




 
Costume jewelry necklace worn by Ruth in the above picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment