Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Thursday, January 2, 2014

"Timmy, Sandra, Daddy is coming home."

4 August 1957
"First of all I must tell you that we are due to arrive in San Diego on Sunday morning the 11th of August about 10:00 AM. Just think of it, I have the duty that day. But I am putting in for special liberty that day and maybe I'll be able to get off anyway...Look pretty for me, won't you. Bring your mother along too if she wants to come...I have not been able to sleep the last few nites...I guess I am getting too anxious about getting home. I was not the only one either...You tell your mother that I'll sleep in the front room on the floor and she can sleep in the bed with you. I know that sounds foolish for me to say. But I can't see her sleeping out when we have room there for her...Boy just think this is the last letter that you will be receiving from me for some time. Your Long Lost Old Man Buss PS: Timmy, Sandra, Daddy is coming home."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment