Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Monday, January 13, 2014

6 September 1958
"I still have not gotten my orders as yet. Joe Carr, the Chief Patternmaker received his orders...then Charlie Ives the Boiler Repairman received his orders...I just hope and pray that I'll be next, but then I guess I have to wait like the rest of them. This Charlie Ives had over 20 continuous sea duty so you see maybe I'll have my orders pretty soon. Just hold on a little longer if you will. I know that you are having a tough time of it with those two youngsters...Andy's wife Delores says that she is getting as big as a horse. I am glad that that is all over with for us. I hope...I would like to know as soon as possible when that lady pays you back that $200.00. Don't do it again, if you don't mind me telling you so. I don't want to be telling you what to do with your money but I think it best if we just hold on to our money so we can get a car or a power mower what ever you say."

Buss and his fellow chiefs aboard the USS Ajax-1958


 

No comments:

Post a Comment