Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Take care of yourself"

17 December 1958
"Well we have a little Xmas tree in the office. It is not decorated as yet but we hope to get it done one of these nites. I guess I'll let the rest of the Kids do that and I'll set back and watch. Have you gotten a tree as yet. I bet Timmy is all excited about Santa coming or haven't you told him about it as yet...Darling I sure do wish that I could be there with you and help you eat that delicious turkey for Xmas. I know that it would taste better than the one we are having...I certainly thought that I would be home by this time. But one can never tell in this navy...Do the children have good clothes to wear to the ship if you get a chance to come on down. Dress them up pretty if you can get a way down. I know that you will dress up like a doll and I am anxious to see what you will be wearing. You will have to wear your Xmas present that I gave you...Take care of yourself for me and the children."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment