Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Thanks for all the letters..."

17 January 1959
"I have been enjoying your long letters that you have been writing to me. I get a letter nearly every mail call, either from you or Mom. Pop never does write...Well Dear, it won't be long will it? I sure did miss my family this time. I'll really try and do better when I get home. I will try and take care of the children as much as possible. I would appreciate it very much if we did have supper a little earlier than we used to have it. That way we could really enjoy ourselves later on in the evening...Put plenty of blankets on my bed, or are we sleeping together again. I'll be seeing you before too long. Thanks for all the letters that you wrote me."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment