Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Your Lonesome Husband"

19 March 1957
"I received a letter from you day before yesterday and I think that I had better tell you that I enjoyed it very much. Really dear, I can't help you out any with your trouble with Timmy. It's something that you must work out by yourself...I'll have to scimp it more than ever to save some money for our "Dream House". Gosh won't that be nice when I am home again and we have our own little house...I wish that I had more money to spend over here then I would be able to get what things I wanted. But I want to get that house first. I'll bet you think, that old "Tight Wad"...Would you believe it if I told you that I loved you. Well I guess I'll have to break down and tell it to you. "I love you"...Your Lonesome Husband 
PS: Good Nite, Timmy and sleep tight. Do what your mother tells you and have a good time outside playing in the yard. Your sister is still too small to play with you in the yard."

No comments:

Post a Comment