Letters from a Sailor

Letters from a Sailor
Clark "Buss" Gerdes, USN

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Be Good"

27 February 1956
"First of all I went on down home on Sat. Afternoon...Pop was down town and I just walked in and there sat Mom sewing on Timothy's bed spread. She has it all cut out and the top sewed, but she has to put in the padding yet. Pop has been feeling a little tough again. He has these fainting spells...I still have no more word on my leaving here...I went down to the Chicago Motor Club and asked them for a map and route to take when we go to San Diego...I guess everybody was glad to see you and the boy...If you need more money, just drop me a line and I'll see if I can dig up some more...You can stay there for as long as you so desire. Take in everything that you want to while you can...Get your hair fixed up too."
Timothy and a neighbor girl. Circa 1955.

Timothy circa 1956

 

No comments:

Post a Comment